Arnold Kegel was the first gynecologist who told about the importance of his exercises in 1948. Originally it was intended for women with bladder control problems, suffering uterine prolapse and other genitourinary system diseases. However, it turned out that these exercises are suitable for men who want to prevent sexual debility. Kegel exercises for men are aimed at strengthening and enhancing the flexibility of the pelvic floor muscles. This is a whole group of muscles, which helps to keep your internal organs in place, not allowing them to be displaced in the crotch. They also perform a number of important functions from medical and sexual point of view.
- Kegel exercises can be recommended for hemorrhoid prevention after surgery on prostate or as a way to improve control over the bladder.
- Essentially, exercises, developed by Kegel, help to control the urine flow and the penis movement. They not only strengthen the muscles but also increase blood flow to the area of the groin. Buy the way the full erection is highly dependent on blood flow.
Kegel gymnastics, moreover, has no negative side effects. It does not interact with medicines or other means, that you consume.
Complex of Kegel Exercises and Its Use
You can benefit from complex of Kegel exercises, if:
- You suffer from incontinence of urine or feces.
- You notice that drops of urine continue to drip after urination – normally after you leave the toilet.
- You have troubles with erection.
In 2005 year BJU International magazine had posted the results of the study, which was attended by 55 men aged over 20 years. They have erectile dysfunction was for six months or more.
Note!After six months of regular Kegel exercises for prostatitis and lifestyle changes (nutrition and exercise) about 75 percent of the men saw an improvement in their erections.
Doing Kegel exercises within five minutes, two or three times a day, you are likely to see significant improvement in your ability to control the current urine flow. Another bonus: Kegel exercises can also help you to have more bright and strong orgasms, help to restore potency. You can do them at any time during the holidays and even driving a car.
System of Kegel Exercises for Men: Stages
It is quite easy to do Kegel exercises, you only should realize what the muscles you want to enable. One of the easiest ways to find necessary muscles (they are called pubococcygeus group of muscles). Place one or two fingers behind the testes, not pressing them. Imagine that you urinate and try to stop the flow by compressing the internal muscles. This is pubococcygeus muscle. If you look in the mirror, you’ll see that when you compress the muscles of the penis, testes slightly move. Easy way to workout the PC muscle is available during urination. How to do it:
- In the middle of urinating try to stop or slow the urine flow. Do retractor movement instead of pushing one. It seems like urethra gently “retracts”.
- Don’t strain your muscles of the buttocks, legs or abdomen, do not hold your breath. If you can slow or stop the flow of urine, then exercise is successful.
- At first, you may not be able to stop the flow of urine. That means that pubococcygeus muscle is not yet strong. Just keep practicing and everything will be fine.
- Some men strain pubococcygeus muscle, imagining that that are trying to stop passing gas. This gives unpleasant feelings.
How to perform Kegel exercises for men:
- Slowly strain your PC muscle, counting to five.
- Do not need to keep fingers on the muscle; it should be felt inside the body.
- Slowly relax your muscle, counting to five.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Follow a daily exercise three times a day.
- When you start exercise, perhaps it would be easier for you to do exercise while lying down so that the muscles don’t “struggle” with gravity. Some men are easier to strain your muscles for just two to three seconds.
- Gradually increase the time of exercises. After a few weeks you should be able to strain a muscle during 10 seconds. And ideally – up to 30 seconds.
- When the muscles of the pelvic floor become stronger, try to do Kegel exercises, sitting, standing or walking.
- Contract the muscles of the pelvic floor just before and during any activity that makes pressure on the stomach (sneezing, coughing, laughing or weightlifting).
- During erection greatly strain the muscles to make the penis jumped.
- Reducing this muscle during sex, you’ll not only maintain an erection, but also can prevent premature ejaculation.
- Remember: do not strain your legs, buttocks or abdominal muscles by performing Kegel exercise.
In order to see the result of any exercise, be patient. Good Kegel training regimen — three times per day (morning, afternoon and evening). A month later, you will notice that you can better control your bladder. These exercises are useful in the sexual sphere. If you don’t see any changes within 30 days, you may not find the right muscles for Kegel exercises. Consult with the urologist. He can give you advice on how to find and successfully use the correct muscles.